Only three weeks until SSTP 2018 begins! It’s time to start thinking about what to pack. Here’s a short list of 7 items you shouldn’t be without:
- Rain gear! Iowa summer weather can be unpredictable. Make sure you’re prepared…
- Official identification. ‘Nuff said.
- Clean clothes are key! Make sure you have what you need to do laundry.
- Iowa weather is unpredictable! Hot days can turn into cold nights. Pack warm clothes for when the temperature drops.
- Bring swim gear. The University of Iowa has pools for you to use on the hot summer days… and water balloons!
- Make sure you pack your computer. You’ll want it for the evening seminars, as well as any other work you may want to do outside of normal research hours.
- Bring your Sunday best, so to speak! You won’t need to fancy clothes every day, but during the final research presentations, you’ll want to look spiffy.
If you have any questions about what else to bring and what to leave at home, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to advise you on what’s a smart addition to your suitcase.