The Secondary Student Training Program will be accepting applications for Summer 2014 beginning November 1st. Now is a great time to start collecting all of the information you’ll need for a great application!
1. Check out the official Belin-Blank Center Summer Programs website for the Secondary Student Training Program. This is where you’ll access the application and upload all required materials.
2. Set up an email account that you will be checking regularly (if you don’t have one already). After you complete your application, you will receive all information regarding your application status, as well as other important information about the program at this email address.
3. A credit card number. Before submitting your application, you will need to provide payment information to cover the cost of the $40 Secondary Student Training Program application fee. Students receiving free or reduced lunch may have this fee deferred by uploading a letter from the school stating that they qualify for free or reduced lunch.
4. The names and email addresses of two teachers. One teacher must be a teacher that you have currently. The other teacher must have had you as a student in high school and must be a teacher in science, mathematics, engineering, or computer science.
5. Your best writing skills! You will be asked to write a 500 word essay as part of your Secondary Student Training Program application. Stay tuned to this blog to get tips on writing a great essay! The essay is the most important part of your application. Many faculty mentors request to see this essay when selecting students for their labs!
Learn More About SSTP
To learn more about the program’s requirements, check out the SSTP main page!
Stay in Touch with SSTP
SSTP at the Belin-Blank Center
The University of Iowa
600 Blank Honors Center
Iowa City, IA 52244
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
First Day of SSTPFirst Day of SSTPJune 21st, 2017SSTP Check-in and Welcoming Ceremony Today!